11/12/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 11/12



Help me embrace what peace I have, Lord,
    as grace and gift from you,
and any joy that comes my way,
    large, medium and small...

Help me see the good, the true, the best
    in others - and in me -
and cling to what I find, Lord,
    with all the strength I have...

Help me trust each invitation
    to your mercy, love and kindness
and follow where your Spirit leads,
    wherever that may take me...

Help me welcome every grace, Lord,
    every whisper of your presence,
lest in fear I run and hide
    where self-pity offers cover...

Help me walk the darkest valley
    knowing, trusting, Lord, you're there
to shelter and to shepherd me
    in safety and in peace...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
keep vigil while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!



Shepherd and sheep, my God and I:
to fresh green fields you led my steps in days gone by.
You gave me rest by quiet springs
and filled my soul with peace your loving presence brings.

O shelter me, O shelter me:
the way ahead is dark and difficult to see.
O shelter me, O shelter me:
all will be well if only you will shelter me.


Yet now I tread a diff’rent way;
death dogs my path with stealthy steps from day to day.
I cannot find your peaceful place
but dwell in dreary darkness, longing for your face.
 
I will look back in days to come
and realize your faithfulness has led me home.
Within your house I’ll find my peace,
trusting that in your mercy you have sheltered me.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!