11/8/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 11/8


This prayer is in my own voice,
    a voice filled with gratitude
        for all of you who join me here in prayer...
 
Blessed are you, Lord, God of all creation,
    for through your goodness we have the internet
and this opportunity to gather virtually
    and open our hearts to you in prayer...
 
And blest am I, Lord, in those who share with me 
    the many ways you speak to them
        and touch and heal their hearts;
    how you console and lift them up
        with your gifts of grace and peace 
    - here - by the light of just one candle
        in this holy place online...

And here's how I am blessed, Lord:
    the prayers I post help others pray
        whose prayer becomes my own;
     the songs we sing unite us,
        one great choir, praising you;
    the word you speak, the word they hear,
        sounds deep in my own heart;
    the peace and healing found here
        spill and flood my soul with grace...
 
This URL's a sanctuary, free, secure and safe:
    a refuge for us, one and all
        who gather here to pray;
    a haven for the weary,
        a refuge for the worried,
    a shelter from our fears,
        safe harbor in the storm,
    a retreat from all the chaos
        that's part of daily life,
    the last stop of a long day
        that seems to have no end,
    a place to seek your blessing
        and to pray for peaceful rest... 

Blessed are you, Lord, God of all,
    for calling us together,
for being here with us
    in this holy place of prayer...
 
Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Surely the Presence of the Lord Is in This Place 
    by Lanny Wolfe
 
If a  video doesn't appear below, click here!



Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place,
I can feel his mighty power and his grace.
I can feel the brush of angel wings, I see glory on each face,
Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.
 
In the midst of his children the Lord said he would be;
It doesn’t take very many it can be just two or three.
And I feel that same sweet Spirit that I’ve felt oft times before;
Surely I can say I’ve been with the Lord.
 
There's a holy hush around us, as God’s Glory fills this place.
I've touched the hem of his garment, I can almost see his face.
And my heart is overflowing with the fullness of his joy;
I know without a doubt that I’ve been with the Lord.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!