11/30/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 11/30



The last day of November, Lord
    - then one more month
    and 2022 is history...

It's been quite a year, Lord:
    not without its blessings
    but laden, too, with burdens...
 
And where I live, November's parting shot
comes with cold rain and strong winds
stripping fall's last leaves 
from the spindly branches 
just outside my door...

So I will choose tonight, Lord, 
the warmth of your embrace
and the shelter of your heart
as the refuge for my prayer...
 
No storm can shake my inmost calm
while to your side, I'm clinging:
    you're the Lord of heaven and earth
    - how can I keep from singing?
 
Protect me through the storm this night,
keep vigil while I sleep, Lord:
    awake I'll keep the watch with you
    and sleep safe in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
How Can I Keep From Singing  
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 

My life flows on in endless song above earth's lamentation. 
I hear the real, though far-off hymn that hails a new creation. 
 
No storm can shake my inmost calm, while to that rock, I’m clinging 
Since love prevails in heaven and earth, 
How can I keep from singing? 
 
While though the tempest round me roars, I know the truth, it liveth. 
And though the darkness round me close, songs in the night it giveth. 
 
I Lift my eyes. The cloud grows thin; I see the blue above it. 
And day by day, this pathway smooths, since first I learned to love it. 
 
How Can I Keep from singing? 
 
Keep Singing.
 
Advent Blessing  
    composed by Michael Joncas and Alan Hommerding
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!