12/1/22

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 12/1

Image source

Reflective background music for today's Pause for Prayer...
 
O Come, O Come, Emmanuel by The Piano Guys



I wait for you, Lord
   - and I have waited for so long
      and in so many ways…

I wait to find you, to know you,
   to believe in you...

I wait for you to show yourself,
   to show me your face
      and let the light of your countenance 
        shine upon me...   

I wait for you to speak to me,
   to speak a word I understand:
      a word my heart can grasp,
      a word my heart can hold,
      a word my heart can keep,
      a word that brings me peace...

I wait to find the truth that sets me free,
   free from all that holds me fast
      in my confusion, fear and doubt…
 
I wait for you to hear my prayer 
   - and answer me...

I wait for your Spirit to move me,
   to nudge me and shake me awake;
I wait for your Spirit to stir within,
   to let me know that you're with me
      and I'm with you...

I wait to hear a word from you 
   of where to turn, what path to take,
      what choices I should make,
        what decisions I should take...

I wait for you to calm my fears,
   to soothe my anxious, lonely heart,
      to bring comfort for my troubled soul,
        to console me in my grief...

I wait for you to help me find 
   even just a little peace of mind…
 
I wait to find your presence in my daily rounds:
   in the ordinary people, times and places
        of my ordinary life each day,
    to meet you where I least expect
      but where I really need to find you...

I wait to know your mercy
   forgiving my sins, 
   cleansing of my soul,
   and refreshing my spirit...

I wait because I trust,
    I trust you'll never fail to help me start again:
        my slate wiped clean, 
        my sins absolved,
        my heart mended, healed and pardoned...

I wait for you, Lord,
   even when I'm not even sure why I still wait -
      but even then I wait some more -
for it's in the waiting,
    in the waiting, where i begin 
        to see you in the dark 
    and hear you whisper in the silence...

In the waiting I begin to know 
   your presence and your face
and to feel your gentle touch
    in the care of those around me
whose hearts and hands are yours, Lord,
   whose voice and word are yours...
      
In the quiet of my Advent prayer
   I wait for you 
and I trust, I know, Lord
   that you’re waiting there for me…

Amen.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!