12/16/22

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 12/16

 
This morning I'm offering you yet another prayer
for the comfort God calls us to give to those who
are in need...  And here at the top of the post is
yet another contemporary rendering of Handel's
well known recitative.

 
If a widget does not appear below, click here!
 

 
Help us to comfort your people, Lord:

to comfort the lonely, the grieving, the mourners...

to comfort the wounded, the sick and the dying...

to cmfort the forgotten, the lost, the abandoned...

to comfort the worried, the anxious, the fearful...

to ccomfort the poor, the hungry, the thirsty...

to comfort the homeless, the migrant, the refugee...

to comfort the marginalized, the excluded, the shunned...

to comfort the confused, the uncertain, the doubtful...

to comfort the prisoner, the hostage, the captive...
 
to comfort the victims of violence and war...

to comfort the cheated, the deceived, the betrayed...

to comfort the jobless, the vagrant, the beggar...

to comfort the stressed, the weary, the tired...

to comfort my family, my friends and my colleagues...

to comfort my neighbors, my city, my nation...
 
to comfort all those who serve and protect me... 

to comfort the champions of justice and truth...

to comfort the ones whose work is to comfort...
 
to comfort the ones who challenge the comfortable...

to comfort the ones whose comfort I need...
 
And comfort me, Lord, that I might be ready
    to offer my comfort to those in need...
 
Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!