1/13/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 1/13


This Night Prayer might be helpful for any of us 
    who've fallen behind on our New Year's resolutions!

Some things need changing in my life, Lord,
    and I wish those changes would happen over night
but change seems to come s0 slowly
    - perhaps because I'm so slow to change...
 
I know the things I want to change, Lord,
the things I need to change:
    show me what you want to change
    - for my peace of mind and heart... 

Fine-tune me, Lord,
    lest the strings of my life sound flat
       (or even worse - sharp)
    in the hearts and ears of those who hear me...
 
Change me, Lord,
    from the inside out:

sync my thoughts and ideas
    with your wisdom, word and truth...
 
Stretch me, Lord,
    to be the person you call me to be
and to be satisfied with nothing less
    than becoming who you made me to be...


Change me, Lord:
 empty and humble my heart
for the sake of all whose paths cross mine:
    help me readily and generously serve those in need,
    help me encourage and cheer those who are down,
    help me console and comfort those who grieve,
    help me stand with those who are alone,
    and help me rejoice with those whose hearts are glad,

        even when my heart's heavy burdened...
 
Help me see the changes 
    I most need to make, Lord;
help me accept the changes 
    your Spirit is crafting in my heart...

Show me the changes I can change
   and give me the grace to make them
and show me the things only you can change
    and give me the grace to accept them...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!

Change My Heart, O God by Roby Duke



Change my heart, O God, make it ever true.
Change my heart, O God, may I be like you. 

You are the potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me, this is what I pray. 

Change my heart, O God, make it ever true.
Change my heart, O God, may I be like you.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!