1/14/23

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 1/14



Yesterday afternoon, Lord,
I spent two hours in conversation with three friends:
    open sharing, seeking truth, plenty of trust, 
    give-and-take, lots of humor, common bonds, 
    love of church, friends-who-get-it, zero pretense,  
    faith in you...
 
Conversations like this, Lord, 
    wake me up, spark my interest, feed my soul, 
    restore my hope, make me smile, rekindle my fervor,
and deepen my faith that you're always present 
    in all of your people, whoever, wherever they are;
    in your saving word and your Spirit's wisdom;
    in whispers of truth heard deep in our hearts,
    shaping our lives with mercy and love,
    - day by day, a day at a time...
 
Time like this redeems the time we waste
    and saves us from our mindless musing,
        our foolish, idle chatter...
 
Time like this is time with you, Lord,
    time spent in you and in the grace you offer,
    day by day by day
    - just one day at a time... 
 
Let me hunger for times like this, Lord:
    for conversations to nourish my soul,
    for the company of brothers and sisters
    who share the faith I have in you,
    the faith that fills my life with light,
    day by day by day,
    - just one day at a time...
 
Amen.
  

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!