1/19/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 1/19


I saw this on the internet, Lord...


A door frame's linteled icon, Lord,
    your holy face, peeking ‘round the corner,
    and whispering a reminder: I saw that!
 
Indeed, you're always 'round the corner,
    you always have your eye on me, 
    you never turn away, Lord,
    I’m forever in your gaze…
 
And you see everything, Lord: 
    you see everything I do
    and everything I fail to do...

You see, for good or ill, 
    all the motives and the reasons 
    for my failures and successes… 
 
Indeed, Lord, you see everything in my heart:
    you see the grief that no one else observes; 
    the hope that keeps my dreams alive; 
    the doubts that haunt my mind and thoughts; 
    the love I want - and fear I’ll find;
    the loneliness no one suspects;
    the pain I bear though no one knows;
    the simple joys I'm slow to share...

You see everything within me, Lord:
    my reaching for your mercy though I sin and sin again;
    the beauty of my tarnished soul washed clean by healing grace; 
    the souvenirs of happiness my memory holds so dear;
    the aches and pains that shape my mood, my effort and my spirits;
    the wrongs and hurt I’ve suffered through no fault of my own; 
    the harm I’ve done to others when I only meant to help; 
    the depths of my capacity to know you as my friend;
    the goodness of the person you created me to be; 
    the God-shaped space within me that I long for you to fill…
 
Indeed, you see it all, Lord 
    - nothing's hidden from your sight!

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake,
watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I keep the watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Take O Take Me As I Am by John Bell

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
Take, O take me as I am,
summon out what I shall be,
set your seal upon my heart
and live in me...

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!