1/10/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 1/10



 
I had lunch with an old friend today, Lord:
we first met in 1972 
but haven't spent time together for years,
for far too many years...

In catching up we kept looking back,
as if paging through an old photo album:
our conversation filled with memories of
    people, places, events and so many stories,
        some sad but many happy,
stories threading together a friendship strong enough,
    deep enough, real enough, true enough to survive 
        years of being out of touch
        but never out of each other's heart,
        each other's thoughts, each other's prayer... 

We shared our tears and laughter
    on our faces, in our souls,
    through the meeting of our eyes,
    reopening our hearts again 
    to reservoirs of grace 
    long forgotten, now refreshed 
    and flowing freely through our veins
    to quench a thirst for life...

Indeed, Lord, 
    remembering is a form of meeting...

Sit with me, old friend, my Lord
to page through all the memories,
    the people and the places
where my heart has met yours
    and yours has captured mine
        in the story we have shared...

Sit with me, old friend,
    and share my laughter and my tears;
look me in the eye, Lord,
    and hold me close in prayer;
make your home within my heart
    and save a place for me in yours,
a place where memories are as gold
    and promise even more...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Be sure to listen to the whole of tonight's song,
it's not that long, and use the instrumental portion
to remember God who remembers you...

God Remembers  by Marty Haugen

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!



God remembers pain
nail by nail, thorn by thorn,
hunger, thirst and muscles torn.
Time may dull our grief
and heal our lesser wounds
but in eternal love yesterday is now
and pain is in the heart of God.

God remembers joy
touch of love, taste of food
all our senses know is good.
Love and life flow by
and precious days are gone
but in eternal love every day is now
and joy is in the heart of God.

God remembers us
all we were, all we are
lives within our Lover's care.
Time may dull our minds
and death will take us all
but in eternal love every life is now:
our life is hid with Christ in God.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!