2/26/23

Monday Morning Offering: 2/27


Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

In the spirit of this holy Lenten season, Lord,
I offer you a contrite* heart...

I can't fathom the depths of your mercy,
I can't comprehend your infinite patience:
   you love me even in my sins;
   you never fail to find what's good in me;
without ceasing you reach out, gently,
      to rescue me from my selfish ways,
      to mend what is broken within me,
      to heal what is sick,
      to forgive what is sinful,
      to bring me home to your embrace,...

I may not understand but I'm ever grateful
    for the mystery of mercy 
        you never fail to offer me
and so this morning,
    I offer you my contrite heart...
 
So great is your love, Lord, for all of us;
so exquisite your delight in each of us:
    even when we forget or tarnish or deny
        the image of your beauty within us
     - still, your love for us remains... 
 
So this morning, Lord, 
    I offer you my contrite heart...

I lose sight of your goodness within me
and I fear you see only what I see:
    my brokenness, my sins and failngs...

So, I offer you my contrite heart...

I forget that you come to meet me
precisely where I need you:
    that you might smooth me;
        where I'm rough,
    that you might mend me
        where I'm broken,
    that you might strengthen me
        in my weakness,
    that you might heal me
        where I'm wounded
    and forgive me and forgive me
        and forgive me once again...
 
And so I offer you my contrite heart...

Look not on my sins, Lord,
    but on my trust in your mercy:
be gentle in receiving the heart I offer,
    a broken, contrite heart..

Help me trust the depths of your mercy, Lord,
    the mystery of your all-forgiving love...

I offer you my contrite heart, O God,
    this morning, this day
        and all through the week ahead...

Amen.

*apologetic, humble, remorseful, repentant
    - just plain sorry!


 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!