3/27/23

Monday Morning Offering: 3/27


           Coffee in the Morning

Good morning, good God!

I come to offer you, Lord,
the time between sunrise this morning
and Lent's end 
at sundown on Holy Thursday...

A week and a half, Lord,
that's what I come to offer
and, at the same time, ask your help..
 
Send your Spirit to move me to prayer:
    to find time for prayer,
    to find a quiet place for prayer,
    a time and a place to sit with you,
    to talk, to share, to listen
    and draw closer to your heart
    as you draw near to me...

Send your Spirit, Lord, to help me fast:
    to empty my body, my belly,
    my mind, my imagination and my pockets
        of what I have too much of,
        of what's not healthy, pure and good for me, 
        of anything I own, Lord, that in fact possesses me...
Help me know the hunger deep within,
    that God-space only you can fill 
        with mercy, grace and peace...

Send your Spirit with your mercy, Lord:
    mercy in my words, mercy in my thoughts,
    mercy in my deeds, mercy in my stubborn heart,
    mercy in my attitude, mercy in my gratitude,
    mercy in my reaching out
        to those whose needs are great.
Open my heart to your mercy, Lord,
    and to share the gift you've given me,
        your beautiful, bountiful mercy,
            your pardon of all my sins...

A week and a half, the time that's left,
    as Lent comes to its close;
so help me, Lord, to make of these days
    a time to grow and open my heart
        to Easter's peace and joy...

Amen.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!