3/15/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 3/15



Today I'm driving up to Gloucester, Lord,
to spend 8 days by the ocean, with you,
in silence, in prayer, in the peace that fills my heart
when I make and take the time to bask
in your holy, healing presence...

And I know, Lord:
    I needn't go to Gloucester 
        to sit with you in prayer;
    you're as present back at home
        as you are here at the shore;
    you wait for me, you seek me out,
        where I may be;
    your holy, healing presence
        fills my every day and night...

Still... 
yes, stillness makes the difference:
    the stillness in the house 
        where I stay at Eastern Point;
    the stillness in the chapel
        with its windows on the surf;
    the stillness of the others
          and the silence we all share;
    the stillness of a walk outside
        where only nature speaks;
    the stillness of the waters
        icing over Niles Pond,
    the stillness slowly settling
        in my thoughts, my heart, my soul;
    the stillness where more easily,
        more frequently, more gracefully
    I find there's only you and me
        together in the peace
            of your holy, healing presence... 
 
Be with me in the stillness, Lord...
 
Help me find and treasure
    the stillness in the place,
        in my heart,
            in my prayer...
 
Visit and calm with stillness
    the worried, anxious hearts
        of all who read these words...
 
Send your Spirit to help all of us find,
    wherever we may be
the peaceful stillness
    of your holy, healing presence...

Help us all, Lord, to be still,
    and to know that you are God...
 
Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace.
 
Amen.

Be Still and Know That I Am God by Christopher Walker
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
Be still and know that I am God. 
You are my chosen one, to whom my love I give. 
My life is yours in you I live. 
Be still, be still, and know that I am God 
 
Be still and know that I am God. 
You are my chosen one, I came to set you free. 
Give me your cares and rest in me. 
Be still, be still and know that I am God 
 
Be still and know that I am God. 
You are my chosen one to whom I show my ways. 
My love is with you all my days. 
Be still, be still and know that I am God 

  


SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!