4/13/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 4/13

 

I believe, Lord, 
    that your loving eye is upon me
       every moment of every day -
          morning, noon and night -
      that never do you blink, nod or nap
           but rather, without fail, 
                hold me always in your sight...
 
I believe, Lord, 
    that your ears are always open to my prayer,
       to every thought, word and dream of mine,
          the good ones and the not so good:
 
I believe, Lord, 
    that nothing crosses my mind, stirs in my heart -
       not a word ever leaves my lips 
    without your knowing it and,
        in your own good way and time, 
            attending to my plea...

I believe, Lord, 
    that your heart's always open to mine: 24/7/365.
Every beat, flutter and pulse of my heart
    echoes in yours and and is lovingly heard...
 
I believe, Lord,  
    you attend to my needs and my worries
even when I fear you've taken a break
    or forgotten my name
        or tired of my prayers
or when your answer is "not just yet,"
    "not now," or simply "no..."
 
I believe, Lord, 
    you'll never leave me alone,
that I'm always patiently held in your love
    'til I hear your word whisper softly,
        "I'm with you, I'm here by your side..."

I trust not a word, not a thought from my prayer
      ever fails to reach the depths of your heart;
that even in silence your love abides
   in the mystery and gift of your promise of peace...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
If tonight's song doesn't bring a smile to your soul
and a tear to your eye... I don't know what will!
 
African Credo by Jude Nnam

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!