4/13/23

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 4/13

    Photo by CP


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's been months, Lord,
since last my violet flowered
and even then - just two blossoms,
lasting but three days...

But now, 
in a burst of paschal praise,
this simple beauty 
blooms by my windowsill,
surprising me where I no longer 
looked for life 
and for its promise,
for its simple, tender glory...

Let your unexpected rising
rise in me, Lord, 
in the places and the parts of me
where hope is scarce,
where healing waits
and new life buds
in pledge of more
than I imagine, dream
and pray for...

Let your promised, unexpected rising
rise in me, Lord, 
with the hope of Easter joy
and a pledge of paschal peace...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!