4/29/23

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 4/30

Sacred Heart by Ron Raab, C.S.C.


 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love you, Lord, 
   for your Shepherd's heart, 
        leading me by quiet streams
   for your holy heart, 
        opened on the Cross in love
   for your gentle heart, 
        pierced by a lance on account of my sins
  for your wounded heart, 
        bleeding the mercy I need so much
  for your loving heart, 
        hiding me in its chambers
  for your healing heart, 
        mending and soothing my broken spirit
  for your patient heart, 
        waiting for me to come around
  for your tender heart, 
        strength for me in my weakness
  for your engaging heart, 
        reaching out to draw me in
  for your generous heart, 
        overflowing with your kindness
   for your just heart, 
        my font of wisdom and truth
   for your divine heart, 
        refuge for my humanity
   for your gracious heart, 
        source of every joy I know
   for your timeless heart, 
        at home within my finite world
  for your selfless heart, 
        emptied for me in compassion
   for your boundless heart, 
        filling my soul with praise and prayer
  for your redeeming heart, 
        making me whole yet once again
  for your forgiving heart, 
        my pardon, my peace and my hope
   for your cosmic heart, 
        come to dwell in my human frame
  for your centered heart, 
        still point for my anxious soul,
  for your robust heart,
         empowering me when I'm afraid,
  for your liberating heart, 
        undoing all that binds me
  for your penetrating heart, 
        settling deep within my thoughts
  for your creative heart, 
        sparking my desires, hopes and dreams,
  for your seductive heart, 
        sweeping me off my feet
  for your saving heart, 
        delivering me from evil
  for your consoling heart, 
        balm for my grief and sorrow
 for your peaceful heart, 
        safe haven in my troubles,
  for your risen heart, 
        pledge of everlasting life...
 
I love you, Lord, my God,
       I love you for your Shepherd's heart...
 
Amen. 

Heart of a Shepherd by Rory Cooney
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 


If you love me, feed my lambs,
    be my heart, my voice, my hands.
If you love me, feed my sheep
    and for my part 
    I give you the heart
    of a shepherd.

1 Lord, you are my shepherd;
there is nothing I shall want.
Fresh and green are the pastures
where you give me repose.
Near restful waters you lead me,
to revive my drooping spirit.

2 You guide me along the right path;
You are true to your name.
If I should walk in the valley of darkness
no evil would I fear.
You are there with your crook and your staff;
with these you give me comfort.

3 You have prepared a banquet for me
in the sight of my foes.
My head you have anointed with oil,
my cup is overflowing.

4 Surely goodness and kindness shall follow me
all the days of my life.
In the Lord's own house shall I dwell
forever and ever.

5 To the Father and Son give glory,
give glory to the Spirit.
To God who is, who was, and who will be
forever and ever.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!