5/23/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 5/23



I’m reminded, these days, Lord,
of all the good people, the really fine people
who've been and who are
such a part of my life!
Generous people who selflessly give 
- and give and give 
and then give some more...
 
Those who are kind,
so genuinely kind:
no pretense, self-interest or guile...
 
Folks who forgive, Lord,
quietly, quickly,
whose pardon is healing,
deep in my soul... 
 
And the ones who are holy
- and don’t even know it -
 whose holiness models 
your grace and your peace...
 
Folks who are gentle
in word and deed,
never rough or harsh,
neither careless nor coarse...
 
Those who are strong
and are there for support 
when I'm weak, when I'm sad,
when I'm down...
 
The ones who are true 
to conviction and conscience,
whose zeal never flags 
whose faith never fades…
 
Friends who are honest
in all that they say,
whose gift is the unadorned 
simple truth...

Folks of compassion,
with patience unending,
who listen with love
and dry my tears...
 
People of prayer 
who share their faith,
whose friendship is healing
and grace peace for my soul... 
 
Good people, Lord,
so many good people
whose paths have crossed mine
and become part of my life...
 
People, Lord, 
    more generous and kind,
    more forgiving and holy,
    more deeply convicted, faithful and true,
    more honest, compassionate, 
        helpful and loyal,
    more thoughtful and prayerful,
        stronger and gentler,
        and purer by far
        than I…
 
I'm grateful, Lord, 
    for the gift of these friends
and pray I learn from their loving ways
    to be such a friend in return...
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 

You've Got A Friend by Carole King
 
If a video and widget don't appear below, click here! 
 

 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!