6/25/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 6/25


On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Tonight we'll begin with Jesus' words in today's gospel, (and the theme in my homily):
"Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin?  
Yet not one of them falls to the ground 
without your Father's knowledge."
 
You know every single detail of my life, Lord!
You know things about me
   that totally escape my own attention,
and you hold everything you know of me
   in your mind, your heart, your love...

You take notice and you know, Lord,
   all my joys and sorrows,
   all my ups and downs,
   my hopes and dreams and plans,
   my regrets and disappointments...

As this day ends, Lord,
   you know everything I did
and all the things I meant to do
   but didn't get around to...
 
You know the good I did, Lord,
    and you know the times I failed;
you know when I was generous
    and you know when I held back;
you know when I was honest
    and you know the lies I told;
you know when I was kind
    and you know when I was mean;
you know when I worked hard
    and the times when I slacked off;
you know when I was faithful
    and you know the times I strayed...
 
You know when I was hurting, Lord,
    alone and feeling sad;
you know what weighed so heavy
    on my mind and in my heart;
you know when I felt helpless,
    confused, at my wits' end;
you know when I felt hopeless,
    and unsure of where to turn...
 
You know when I was happy, Lord,
    when good news came my way;
you known when my heart warmed
    to a small and simple gift;
you know when I felt healing
    in my secret, wounded place;
and you know when I found hope
    to move ahead with trust in you...

There never was a moment, Lord,
    throughout this livelong day
when your eye was not upon me,
    always watching me with care...
 
You never turn away from me,
    you always have my back;
in your sight, Lord, I'm valued,
    I'm graced, beloved and blessed...
 
As your eye is on the sparrow, Lord,
  so hold me in your gaze
and turn my eyes to you
    to look upon your holy face...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
  and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
   and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
The only voice in tonight's music belongs to Chris Rupp.
 
His Eye Is On The Sparrow by Martin and Gabriel

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
Why should I feel discouraged
Why should the shadows come
Oh, why should my heart be lonely
And long for heaven and home

When Jesus is my portion
My constant friend is he
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches over me

His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches me
 
I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches over me
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches me…

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!