6/26/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 6/26


 

How do you keep track of my story, Lord,
since my story's so connected,

so entwined, 

so knitted and so knotted

with the stories of so many other people?

 

You know my story from my birth, Lord,

(and you knew it from all time!)

- the  unique story of how I came to be...

 

You know the stories of my growing up,

the stories that shaped me,

that led me to write the story of the life

I call my own...

 

You know the story of all my hurts

and the stories of all the scars 

tattooed upon my heart...

 

You know the stories I cherish,

the stories I've forgotten

- and the stories I try to forget...

 

You know the stories I tell often,

and the ones that I keep secret

and all the stories, Lord,

for which I have no words…

 

You know the stories of the people

whose stories became mine;

and the story of how friendship

shared in stories, comes apart...

 

You know the stories of my hopes

and of my dreams and disappointments,

the stories of my schemes

and of what finally came to be...

 

You know the story of my efforts

to do what's right and good,

the story of my wins and losses:

like a game, a story yet to end...

 

You know the story of my sins, Lord,

and the story of your mercy

weaving peace and your forgiveness

with the story of my life...

 

And... 

you know the story of my joy, Lord,

the story of the happiness and love

that's born of others' stories 

becoming one with mine...

 

Be in my story, Lord,

the story of my daily life,

‘til more and more

and day by day

we share in but one story,

in your mercy, love and peace...

 

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake

and watch over me while I sleep

that awake, I might keep watch with you

and asleep, rest in your peace...

 

Amen.

 
 
God Is In This Story by Katy Nichole

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!