7/12/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 7/12


We come to pray at eventide, Lord,
    at the sun settles soft in the west...
 
Let us never forget
how you cause the sun to rise and set
   on the just and the unjust,
   on those who make war and those who make peace,
   on those in sorrow and those in joy,
   on the sick and the healthy,
   on the newborn and the dying,
   on those who mourn and those who party,
   on those who believe and those who don't,
   on those who do harm and those who heal, 
   on sinners and saints alike...
 
Whatever today has brought us,
whatever we've brought to this day,
wherever tomorrow may lead us:
    your light will shine on us all,
    your  mercy will cleanse and forgive,
    your patience will wait on our foolishness,
    your Spirit will call us to peace,
    your Word will speak with its wisdom,
    your grace set us free from our sin
    and your rain will bathe and refresh us all:
        the soiled and thirsty, the parched and tired,
        all sinners and saints alike in their need
        for your mercy, your blessing, your peace...
        
All our help comes from you alone, O Lord,
    the maker of heaven and earth;
watch over our coming and going
    with your Spirit, our lead and guide...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
    and watch over us as we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Here's a Michael Joncas setting of Psalm 121, 
new to me but released in 1989!

 
If widget doesn't appear below, click here
 


Guiding me, guarding me, the Lord is by my side.
Guiding me, guarding me, the Lord upholds my life.

1. I lift up my eyes to the mountains
From where shall come my help?
My help shall come from the Lord my God,
Who made heaven and earth.

2. May he never allow you to stumble
Let him sleep not, your guard.
No he sleeps not nor stumbles,
He is Israel’s guard.

3. The Lord is your guard and your shade,
at your right side he stands.
By day the sun shall not smite you
Nor the moon in the night.

4. The Lord will guard you from evil,
He will guard your soul.
The Lord will guard your going and coming
Both now and forever.

                               Photo by Madeleine Arsenault


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!