7/21/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 7/21


I'll be taking a red eye back to Boston on Sunday night so
I'm beginning to experience those end-of-my-time-away
vibes!  I've been pleased to invite you to join my in prayer
during my time in Colorado so please join me in this prayer
and beautiful song this evening...
 
My Colorado time is winding down
so I'm walking 'round Georgetown 
soaking in the summer sun,
the pure, clean mountain air
and the simple, vintage beauty
of this valley's pure contentment...

    Georgetown, CO by CP
 
You've drawn me, daily, Lord,
to Clear Creek's rushing waters
and its bridges, my prie-dieux,
where I stop and pray each day,
my grateful heart awash
in nature's grace and glory...

I'll leave with videos and photos,
and prayer posts on my  blog
tracing how you've kept me company
these lazy, restful weeks
when every day has been a gift
and each hour's been a joy...

But my heart will be the suitcase
where I'll pack up all these blessings
and take them back to Wayland
to sort through and enjoy...
 
There I'll sit with you in prayer
and remember all we shared
in summer's sun and beauty,
'neath the the craggy, steepled peaks
of this chapel of your presence
by the creek's clear, gushing font...

Send your Spirit, Lord, I pray,
and seal within my heart
all the blessings, joy and healing
you've laid upon my soul:
may I hold them there in gratitude
for days and months to come
until we meet again in Georgetown
where I know I'll find you home...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
Tonight's song beautifully captures my love
    of this part of the country...
 
We Shall Walk Through the Valley 

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 



  

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!