8/23/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 8/23



This afternoon, 
I was driving along tree shaded, sun dappled 126:
windows wide open, no need for AC, 
just gentle warm breezes
filling my car and fresh'ning my soul
on this perfect August day...

Perfect...
 
I even spoke the word out loud:
perfect...
 
And as soon as I heard it, Lord,
I thought right away of people I know 
whose imperfect day, whose burdensome day,
whose painful, lonely, tear-filled day
finds little to no relief
- and certainly not perfection -
in summer's wistful stirrings
on shady-sunlit country roads...
 
I won't let go the peace you shared,
the peace I found, on Route 126
nor the breezy kiss that touched
and left your blessing on my face...

But I pray tonight for those who wait
who've waited oh-so-long,
    for a peaceful day, a stressless day,
        a day of consolation;
    a pain-free day, a hope-filled day,
        a day serene and calm;
    a prayerful day, a happy day,
        a day of grace and blessing;
    a sunny day, a shady day,
        a day of gentle breezes;
    a day for traveling country roads
        as summer slowly fades...
 
My day, today, was normal, Lord,
and mostly ordinary
'til you broke through my worries,
through my burdens and my fears,
filling me with light, filtered soft 
through leafy branches,
and your Spirit's wafting breezes,
pure refreshment for my soul...
 
If my day was perfect, Lord,
it was you who made it perfect
so I pray you'll grace and bless
the ordinary days 
of those who've waited oh-so-long
for just one perfect day...
 
Such "perfect" days, they come and go
so keep us, one and all, Lord,
until there comes that perfect day
whose peace will have no end...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake,
    watch over us while we sleep,
that awake, we keep the watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
Every Day God by Bernadette Farrell

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!