8/30/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 8/30


Just one day left in August, Lord,
and I want to hold on to it, cling to it,
keep it from slipping from my reach...
 
I want to turn back the calendar
- maybe to April? at least to May? 
I'll settle for June!

I want to stop the clock
from tick-tock-ticking the summer away
too early, too quickly, too soon...

But I'm up against the universe, Lord:
the sun, the moon and the push-pull of tides
on Earth, my home, spinning in space...
 
Will you be my still point, my center, my core? 
my unending season of summer warmth?
my day without end? my peace evermore?
 
Will you be my peace in the moment, Lord?
Not in past seasons whose loss I grieve
or in seasons whose coming I fear
but now, in this moment, this very day:
will you be the peace I need tonight?

I know you will, I'm sure you will,
I trust you will, my loving God!
 
Give me faith to trust in you,
in your presence  - here in this moment -
and in every moment of every day,
in every season that's mine to live
in every year of your grace...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
Every Season by Nicole Nordeman
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!


 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!