9/4/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 9/4



I'm your work in progress, Lord,
as much today as when I was a toddler,
    a teen, a middle-ager - or older...

I'm your work in progress:
incomplete, unfinished,
still growing, taking shape, maturing
    - all with the help of your grace…

I'm your work in progress, Lord,
and you never cease
    to nudge me, nurture me,
        mold and form me more and more
to become the person 
you created me to be…

I'm your work in progress
even when I resist, deny 
or try to frustrate your constant effort 
to soften my ragged edges
and sharpen what’s grown dull 
within my spirit…

I'm your work in progress, Lord,
and by now I’m version #I-don't know
although I’m confident and sure
you’re still working on the heart-of-who-I am:
    the unique individual you've loved by name
        since before all time began…

Give me patience, Lord,
with the pace at which you work
    to help me grow,
    to develop me
    and bring me to full stature…
 
And be patient with me
when I resist the ways
your Spirit leads and guides me
to become the one
you first made me to be...

That’s who I am, Lord:
   I'm your work in progress,
   I'm still your work in progress, 
   I'll always be your work in progress!
 
I know you love me, always, 
every step along the way, 
that you take me as I am
though you know me oh-so-well
    as complex and incomplete,
   rough around the edges,
   still growing up, maturing,
   in wisdom and in grace,
   because I'm still your work in progress
   and that's how I'll always be...
 
And I trust with all my heart, Lord
that it was surely you
who began this good work in me
and will bring it to fulfillment
on the day your work is done,
the day you call me home,
the day when I'm made whole in you,
who made me as I am...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 

He Who Began A Good Work In You by Steve Green

If a video doesn't appear below, click here

He who began a good work in you
He who began a good work in you
Will be faithful to complete it
He'll be faithful to complete it
He who started the work
Will be faithful to complete it in you

1) If the struggle you're facing
Is slowly replacing
Your hope with despair
Or the process is long
And you're losing your song in the night

You can be sure
That the Lord has His hand on you
Safe and secure
He will never abandon you
You are His treasure
And He finds His pleasure in you

He who began a good work in you
He who began a good work in you
Will be faithful to complete it
He'll be faithful to complete it
He who started the work
Will be faithful to complete it in you
Ooh, you…

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!