9/22/23

Pause for Prayer: FALL EQUINOX 9/23


  Image source


It is the summer's great last heat, 
it is the fall's first chill: they meet.
Dust in the grass, dust in the air,
Dust in the grave - and everywhere!
Ah, late rose eaten to the heart:
Ah, bird, whose southward yearnings start:
The one may fall, the other fly.
Why may not I? Why may not I? 
 


It is the autumn equinox:
   technically, the first day of fall...

Today the seasons change:
at the bidding of celestial spheres:     
    summer makes her exit     
    and autumn her debut...
 
Oh, there'll be warm days yet,
    mixed in with wind and chill,
but there's simply no denying 
    - the seasons are a-changin'...
 
No holding back of summer's end
    no stalling autumn's entrance:
they flirt and tease each other
     'til summer fades and fall is all ablaze...
 
What might you ask of me, Lord,
    what lessons might I learn,
in the come-and-go of seasons
    in the story of my life?

What must I leave behind
   as my favorite season ends
and what might I look forward to
   as autumn draws me in...   

As the seasons change around me, Lord,
   and in my heat of hearts,
be the center, be the still point,
   in my ever-changing life...

Amen.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!