9/16/23

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 9/17

 
Lord,
not a day passes, 
not a night goes by
that you don't call me
by my name
to come and follow
where you lead,
to follow where you go...

So many things, Lord, hold me back:
my pride and my possessions, 
my faults and all my fears
and the people and many things
I long for and I lean on 
as if in them 
I'd find the peace
I long for more than all..

Help me find a quiet time and place
where I might hear you 
call my name 
and in your calling 
hear a promise 
sweeter, deeper, finer, Lord,
than any I have known,
more than anyone might offer...

Help me just let go 
and leave behind
whatever keeps me from your love
that I might rise 
and follow you
and in you find 
the peace I seek
with all my heart
and fill my heart at last
with the peace
that brings me home...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!