9/12/23

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/12

Image source

I have more ways than I know, Lord,
    of hiding from the truth
that would challenge me and change the way
    I see my life and live it...

My resentments and my prejudice,
    shield me and protect me
from what I just won't look at,
    won't accept or learn or know...

I believe the truth can free me
    but in far too many ways
I keep the truth from seeping in
    to shape and change my life...

Send your Spirit's fire and light,
    burning bright to pierce with wisdom
all my thoughts and intuitions
    - and my stubbornness and pride...

Send your truth to set me free, Lord,
    cut me loose from all that binds me:
challenge me to change the ways
    I've too long lived my life…

Amen.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!