9/26/23

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/26

 
Williams Road, Concord MA: photo by Jamie Bruneau
 
Long before I wake, Lord,
you're out for a morning walk,
misting meadows as you go,
cueing the sun to rise in glory,
chasing last night's shadows
lest they cloud the new day's dawn...

Sound asleep,
I miss your artist's touch in my own back yard,
your careful, understated brushstrokes:
bold in beauty, softly hued,
pure gift, so freely given...

Even wide awake, Lord, even at midday,
too often do I miss your subtle hand at work, 
your artistry alive around me and within,
your fingerprints so gently traced,
warm upon my soul
and on everything I chance to see,
on all I meet and know...

Wake me, Lord, please wake me
- a thousand times a day -
lest I miss the ways you color
all my world and my whole life
in shades of autumn's grace
from the palette of your love...

Amen.
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!