10/12/23

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 10/12

Image source
 
Lord, you know everything 
    - so you know everything 
        that will happen in my life today...
 
But, as you know better than I,
    I don't know everything
and since I can't predict what this day holds
    I'll brood and worry about the unknown,
    I'll hide from things I need not fear,
    I'll spend too much time over-thinking 
        everything I say and do
        - or everything I might say and do
        - or all the things I could say and do 
        - or whatever it is I should say and do
        - or the things I wish I hadn't said or done
    and there I go again
        - overthinking my overthinking...

So, give me the faith I need, Lord
     to place my day in your loving hands
     to meet this day as it may unfold
     to accept whatever this day may bring
     and to live this day trusting in you
        and knowing
    that you're my shelter, my rock and my strength,
    that you're my refuge, my hope and my joy,
    that you're my my friend, my shepherd, my guide,
    that you're my way, my truth and my life
    that you know me, Lord, inside out
        - and yet love me for who I am...

I don't know everything, that's for sure
    and I know even less than I think I do,
but I know that you love me inside out
    and may that be enough for today, Lord,
        let that be enough for today...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!