10/10/23

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 10/10

 
There are times, Lord,when I'm so distracted
that I almost forget you
    'til someone or something nudges me,
        catches my eye and gets my attention
and then I make and find the time to focus,
to take a deep breath, sit quietly 
and remember how faithful you are to me
and how much I need you in my life... 
 
There are times, Lord,
when I'm so disappointed, unhappy,
that I won't to talk to anyone, not even you,
    'til someone or something taps me on the shoulder
        and brightens my day, if only for a moment
and then I make and find the time
to open my eyes and unlock my heart
to remember all the good that's mine
and just how much I need you,
how much I need your love...

There are times, Lord,
when I tell myself I'm too busy to pray,
to share my sorrows and joys with you
    'til someone or something
        puts the brake to my pace
and slows me down 'til I find the time,
'til I make the time to relax in your presence
and rest in your grace 'til I know again
how much I need to fall in your arms
and put all my trust and hope in you...

There are times, Lord,
when everything's upside down,
inside out and backwards
    'til someone or something centers me,
        clearing my thoughts with daylight
and I know again how much I need
your word, your truth and your wisdom...

There are times, Lord,
there are so many times,
    but you know all that - and more...

So, tap me on the shoulder,
poke me, nudge me,
slow me down,
unlock my heart,
open my mind,
sharpen my focus,
and center me
as I find the time, as I make the time
to know and not again forget
just how much
    I need you, want you and love you
and just how close 
    you're always by my side...
   
Amen.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!