1/12/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 1/12


 
 
It was in 2015 that I first posted my "Two Word Prayers" and they've been a feature on my sidebar for many years.  I recently received a request from a parish to use this piece on their website - a request I was very happy to approve!  I took the opportunity to expand the composition by adding four more triplets...

Calm me,
quiet me,
settle me...

Steady me,
balance me,
ground me...
 
Nudge me,
prod me
push me...

Plant me,
root me,
embed me...

Support me,
sustain me,
protect me...

Heal me,
mend me,
repair me...

Forgive me,
pardon me,
free me...

Renew me,
refresh me,
restore me...
 
Shepherd me,
lead me,
guide, me...
 
Touch me,
bless me,
anoint me...

Enfold me,
hold me,
embrace me...
 
Lord, here my prayer this day!
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Tonight's song is NOT the Doris Akers' gospel hymn you're familiar with but rather Monica Brown's simple mantra based on the two word prayer, "Lead me, guide me..."

Heal Me, Guide Me  by Monica Brown

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
Lead me, guide me in your way,
your holy way, O my God.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!