1/4/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 1/4



A word to reflect on:   
The Lord says:
Remember not the events of the past,
   the things of long ago consider not;
See, I am doing something new!
Now it springs forth, 
   do you not perceive it?
In the wilderness I make a way,
   in the wasteland, rivers.  
                              - Isaiah 43
 
 These are good, strong words to pray with, Lord,
   especially as a new year begins...

Help me let go those memories of the past
   that haunt my dreams and cloud my soul... 

Help me forget what remembering neither helps nor heals:
   clear my mind and heart of whatever holds me back
      and drags me down...

Help me not dwell on hurt and disappointments
   that sour my spirit and keep me from joy...

Sweep from my memory what keeps me from seeing
   you're at my side, that you reach for my hand,
      that you guide all my steps and lead me to peace...

Do something new, Lord!
Do something new within me, in the depths of my soul,
   in the corners of my mind, in my heart of hearts...

Do something new for me, Lord,
   and keep me from getting in the way 
      of what you do, what you offer,
   the gifts you place in my lap and leave at my door:
         all the ways you enter my life every day...

Do something new for me, Lord,  
and give me the grace to accept it:
    even if at first I don't understand it;   
    even if at first it seems a bad fit;
    even if at first, I fear it; 
    even if at first I don't like it;
    even if at first I refuse it...

Do something new for me, Lord,
   and help me trust you'll do nothing apart
     from what helps and heals me,
     frees and redeems me,
     stretches, enriches and strengthens me...

Do something new for me, Lord,
   and let me perceive it, help me to see it;
   let me feel it and know it deep in my bones;
   help me discern all that  comes from you
      and leads me to you;
 
Make your way, Lord, in the wilderness of my heart,
   in the wasteland of my selfishness,   
   in the desert of my heart 
      awaiting your river of your mercy
      to flood and refresh my soul with your peace...

In the stillness, Lord, help me know your presence
   and perceive how you move in the quiet,
      bringing new gifts, doing new things, 
         moving my heart in new ways...   
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
In the desert you make a way, Way Maker...
 
Way Maker by Sinach
performed by Caleb and Kelsey

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
You are here, Moving in our midst  
I worship you, I worship you  
You are here, Working in this place  
I worship you, I worship you  (2x)
 
You are, Way maker, Miracle worker  
Promise keeper, Light in the darkness  
My God, That is who you are  (2x)
 
You are here, Touching every heart
I worship you, I worship you
You are here, Mending every heart
I worship you, I worship you

You are, Way maker, Miracle worker  
Promise keeper, Light in the darkness  
My God, That is who you are  (2x)
 
Oh, Even when I don't see it, You're working  
Even when I don't feel it, You're working  
You never stop, You never stop working  
You never stop, You never stop working (2x)
 
You are, Way maker, Miracle worker  
Promise keeper, Light in the darkness  
My God, That is who you are 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!