1/23/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 1/23



Tonight, Lord, I pray you'll be
    just who you always are:
 
    my friend who pardons my faults
        again and again and again...
 
    my teacher who schools me in wisdom
       and opens my mind to the truth...
 
    my savior who lays down his life
        to lift me up close in his arms...

    my consolation and comfort
        when my heart is heavy with loss...

    the watchman who keeps faithful vigil
        through the darkness of every night...

    the songbird who welcomes the dawn,
        blessing a new day with grace...

    my guide and loyal companion
        on the path I walk day by day...

    my confidence, hope and desire
        in my worry, my doubt and my fear...

    the font of my strength and courage
        in every danger I face...

    my Lord, my God, my Redeemer,
        who gently calls me by name...

    my peace, my protection, my partner in prayer,
        my future, my joy and my all...

Tonight, then Lord, I pray you'll be
    just who you always are...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Be Thou My Vision by The Martins

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art -
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
Great God of heaven, my treasure Thou art.

Great God of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heav'n Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O ruler of all.
Still be my Vision, O ruler of all.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!