2/23/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 2/23


 
Night Prayer on Fridays in Lent will focus on different images of the face of Jesus. Tonight's prayer is inspired by this composite image of the world's faces seen in the face of Christ.   (Be sure to click on the image for a better view!) 
 
 
I want to see your face more clearly, Lord,
    in the lives of all I know and love...

I want to see your face appearing
    in the lives of folks I've not yet met...

I want to see your face in people I ignore or miss 
    - sometimes on purpose...
 
I want to find and love your face
    in those who bother, hurt and anger me....
 
I want to see your face in those times and places
    where I never expected to find you...
 
Open the eyes of my heart and surprise me, Lord:
    I want to see your face, your holy face,
    your radiant face, your gentle face,
    your smiling face, your merciful face,
    your compassionate face, your loving face
        in everyone I meet, in every place I go...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!


Open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
open the eyes of my heart:
I want to see you, I want to see you. 
 
To see you high and lifted up,
shining in the light of your glory.
Pour out your pow'r and love,
as we sing, "Holy, Holy, Holy."
 
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
open the eyes of my heart:
I want to see you, I want to see you.

  


SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!