3/4/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 3/4


I came across this online, Lord:
 

I don't want a warhorse, Lord, but with a good shove
    knock me off the high horse of my arrogance...
 
And let your gentle Spirit settle in my heart
    to calm and settle what rages in my anger...
 
I'm not quick to brandish a sword but help me, Lord,
    when I'm slow to take up the cross that's mine...

    for the reckless indulgence of my sins - great and small...
 
So, disarm me, Lord, 
    of my pride, 
    my unspoken hostility,
    my quick, sharp tongue,
    my long held resentments,
    my snap judgments,
    my disdain of what I don't understand,
    my intolerant prejudice,
    my abuse of whatever power is mine
    and my personal arsenal of put-downs, sneers, 
        insults, slurs, barbs, gossip and slander...
 
Disarm me, Lord,
    of the weapons in my personal arsenal...

It's Lent, Lord:
    make me a child of your peace,
    a channel of your peace,
    an instrument of your peace,
    a herald of your peace,
    a maker of your peace, that peace, Lord,
        that only you can give...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Peace Prayer by Sarah McLachlan

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

Lord make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master grant that I may
not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love
For it is in giving that we receive
and it's in pardoning that we are pardoned.
And it’s in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Amen.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!