3/5/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 3/5 REVISED


 REVISED: I originally posted the wrong video
for this evening's music - it's been corrected!
 
Lent (and the end of every day) 
    is a time for looking into our hearts,
        acknowledging our sins 
            and asking for God's mercy...
 
As I look back on this day, Lord,
    in your mercy, pardon my sins...
 
Forgive the sins I remember
    - and any sins I have forgotten…

Forgive the ways I wronged my neighbor
    and the good I failed to accomplish…

Forgive my weakness when I was tempted
    and the times I was stubborn when faced with correction…

Forgive my pride in what I accomplished
    and my failure to praise my neighbor's good work...

Forgive the lies and fibs I told
    and the times I avoided and skirted the truth…
 
Forgive the harsh judgements I made of others
    and the permissive ways I excused myself...


Forgive the times I ignored my neighbor
    and all the ways I indulged myself...

(Let's each of us take a few moments here
    to remember the sins of this day...)
 
Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me,
    in your kindness, pardon my sins...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace…

Amen.
 
- Adapted from an old Celtic prayer
 
Chris Tomlin offers us a contemporary prayer for mercy
with a refrain drawn from an ancient trope...

Kyrie Eleison by Chris Tomlin

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!