3/13/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 3/13


 
Someone told me, Lord,
   that the key to having sweet dreams
is to think sweet thoughts as you go to sleep
   - and that sounds like it's worth a try!

So tonight, Lord, on my way to bed,
   I'm thinking grateful thoughts of my family 
      and all my many friends...

I'm thinking and praying 
   for all the people in my life today
      and all who've been there through the years...

I'm remembering and lifting up to you, Lord,
   all those who've helped to make me
      the person I've become:
those who've loved me in ways too many
   to remember or imagine; 
those who've loved me 
    in spite of all the ways I failed to love them in return;
those who've forgiven me, time and time again,
   with patience, grace and kindness;
those who've walked with me
   in the good times and the bad,
      through sickness and in health;
those who never forget me
   though I've forgotten them...
those who've shared with me their sorrows,
   their secrets, joys and dreams...
those whom I've lost touch with, 
    who've drifted far away 
and those no longer friends
    but who still live in my heart;
and those who've often prayed with me, cried with me,
   laughed with me, shared my doubts, believed with me, 
   shared with me, sung with me, worked with me, played with me, 
   learned with me, walked with me, dined with me, drank with me,
   kept watch with me, grieved with me, stayed with me, 
   - and in truly blessed moments, Lord,
        sat with me in silence...

And right now, Lord, I want to mention by name
   some family members and some friends 
      who are especially present 
         in my thoughts and prayers tonight
  🙏🙏🙏................................................🙏🙏🙏

Sweet and prayerful thoughts, Lord,
   of family and of friends
as I lay me down to sleep
    on the pillow of their love...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
   and watch over me as I sleep
that awake I might keep watch with you
   and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Sleep Chant by Karen Drucker 
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 

Sleep in peace.   Wake in joy.    Always know that I am loved.
I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that I am loved.
Today I live in gratitude.  Today I give my love.
And tonight when I lay my head to rest, I give thanks, I give thanks.
 
Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am safe.
Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am safe.
Each day I wake is a miracle.  Each day is a precious gift.
I count my blessings and feel such grace.  I give thanks. I give thanks.

I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.
I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.

I sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am loved.
Sleep in peace.    Wake in joy.  Always know that I am loved.

Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am safe.
Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  I always know that I am safe.

I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.
I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!