5/22/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 5/22



I realize that folks all over read this page so please excuse me if my climate isn't a match for yours!  Here, in my corner of the Lord's vineyard, the mercury was reading 93ºF!

It's only mid-May, Lord, but in these parts
folks are already complaining about the heat
    - but not me!

I love the way the sun enfolds me,
    bakes me in its warm embrace,
melting through my tender skin
    and deep into the marrow of my soul...

I love the heat, I want the heat
I wait for heat to thaw old winter's hold
on hearts chilled 
by grief and sorrow,
hurt and disappointment, 
anger and resentment,
violence and war...
 
I seek the heat, I crave the heat
I pray for heat to melt the hardest heart,
    beginning with my own;
to defrost the icy edge that scrapes
    and scars the bonds 
        that once held all together;
heat to meld and fuse and merge
    what pride and time
        have sundered into fragments;
heat to warm and wrap us 
    in the mantle of your peace...

Lord, I love the way the sun enfolds 
    and bakes me in your warm embrace,
seeping through my tender skin
    and deep into the marrow of my soul...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

I had trouble find a hymn or song to pair with tonight's prayer
so I settled for this classic piece with "melt me" in the lyrics!

Spirit of the Living God  by Daniel Iverson

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!