5/22/24

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 4/23

 

 
Got some things I need to let go of, Lord,
and I won't be surprised if they're just the things
you'd like to see me cut loose...

I need to let go some resentments, Lord,
some bitterness, grudges and spite
- and did I mention the chip on my shoulder?
 
I need to let go some really old habits:
some harmful, some risky,
some just plain stupid 
- and all of them foolish...

I need to let go my anger, Lord,
the rage I stew in
to no one's advantage...

I need to let go self-pity and pride
and the envy that keeps me
from loving my neighbor...

I need to let go my idle thoughts,
    - not my hopes and my goals -
but my fantasy, pipe dreams and make-believe...

I might need to let go a relationship, Lord,
one I'm not meant to be part of,
not healthy for me or the other...

I need to let go the past I cling to
with its aches and worries and disappointments
    - memories that rob me of peace...

I need to let go my addiction, Lord
    be it work or play, some substance or toy,
    some guilty pleasure - whatever it is -
    that eats up my time, devours my soul
    and robs my heart of its peace...

Got some things I need to let go of, Lord,
and I won't be surprised if they're just the things
you'd like to see me cut loose...


When I cling to these things, Lord,
    pry open my hands...

When I harbor what's hurtful,
    give me freedom to heal...

When I hug what's harmful,
    fill my arms with your grace...

When I'm holding tight 
to what's holding me back:
free me, release me
and set me free of whatever it is 
    I need to let go...

Give me grace, give me courage,
give me wisdom and strength,
as much as I need, Lord,
to help me let go what I need to let go,
    - what I need to let go of - today...

Amen.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!