6/7/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 6/7

 Night Prayer on the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus...MMMM

    Sculpture by Timothy P. Schmalz
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Far beyond my dreaming, Lord, 
    your great heart swells eternally,
holding in its chambers
    every human person 
        created in your image,
     the peoples of all ages
        of every race and nation, 
     those long gone, those present now 
        and all those yet to come...
 
You hold me in your heart, Lord,
     where you've held me from all time,
         since long before my birth,
     for all things come to be through you,
          without you, nothing is....
 
In your holy heart, O Jesus,
     we are brothers, sisters, all
         and children of one Father,
     called to open up our hearts 
         as wide as you do yours,
             in mercy, love and peace...
 
You bid us sync our hearts with yours
    in thought and word and deed
 'til all hearts beat as one, Lord
     through your Spirit's healing grace...
 
Swell my soul to welcome in, Lord,
     the stranger I've not met,
the one whose ways are not my own
    and those whom I've estranged
        by my foolishness and pride...
 
As you have room in your love, Lord,
     for every one of us,
 help me make room in my heart
     for all whose paths cross mine...

Keep me in your heart, Lord
     hold me close within your arms:
 may the home that's mine within you
     be my home for ever more...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake,
    watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I keep the watch with you
    and rest, deep in your peace...
 
Amen.

Restless by Audrey Assad

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 


You dwell in the songs that we are singing,  
Rising to the Heavens, rising to Your heart, Your heart.  
Our praises filling up the spaces  
In between our frailty and everything You are  
You are the keeper of my heart  
 
And I'm restless, I'm restless 
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You  
I am restless, I'm restless  
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You Oh God,
I wanna rest in You  
 
Oh, speak now for my soul is listening  
Say that You have saved me, 
whisper in the dark, the dark.  
'Cause I know You're more than my salvation  
Without you I am hopeless, tell me who You are  
You are the keeper of my heart  
You are the keeper of my heart  
 
And I'm restless, I'm restless 
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You  
I am restless, I'm restless  
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You, 
Oh I wanna rest in You 
 
Still my heart, hold me close  
Let me hear, a still small voice  
Let it grow, let it rise 
Into a shout, into a cry  
Still my heart, hold me close  
Let me hear, a still small voice  
Let it grow, let it rise Into a shout, into a cry 
 
And I am restless, I'm restless  
'Til I rest in You, let me rest in You  
And I am restless, so restless  
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You, 
Oh God Let me rest in You.
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!