6/9/24

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 6/9



The folks I'll meet today, Lord,
   will be people with things on their mind,
   aches and pains in their bones,
   troubles in their souls,
   and hurt in their hearts...

They'll be busy, sad and preoccupied,
  distracted by problems large and small,
waiting for this day to end
   and hoping tomorrow will bring them peace...

In other words, Lord,
    the people I'll meet today
will be, in so many ways,
    people a lot like me...

So make me as gentle with others, Lord,
  as I'd have have others be gentle with me...

Help me treat others kindly,
    especially, Lord when I simply don't know
what's on their minds and in their hearts
      what burdens weigh on their backs...

Help me be forgiving, Lord,
   of what I don't see and what I don't know
- calling to mind how often, how well
     I hide all the things that burden me...

Help me reach out to others, Lord,
  struggling to make their way
and open my heart to welcome in
   all the love offered me today...
   
Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!