7/16/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 7/16



Longtime readers will recognize the rushing waters of Clear Creek running through Georgetown, Colorado where I'm spending two months with family.  This morning I was looking forward to my first visit to the bridge on Griffith Street - something like taking a blessing from a holy water font at the doors of a church...


 
O Lord, there are so many places
    to pause, find and take a blessing
from the power and the beauty, 
    the modesty and grandeur,
    the simplicity and elegance
        of the world that's all around me...

Your presence, Lord,
    streams and flows and floods;
    it sprouts and buds and blossoms;
    it towers to the heavens
        and hides in caverned depths;
    it flowers, feeds and fuels us;
    it burns as bright as noonday sun
        and sparkles starlit nights;
    it blooms in barren deserts
        and drenches us in downpours;
    it sings and bellows, barks and purrs,
        it cries and whistles, quacks and lows,
            it bleats and roars and howls...

Your presence waits 
    my hand to reach and touch,
    my ears to hear your whisper, 
    my nose to catch your fragrant scent,
    my tongue to taste your sweetness,
    and my eyes to glimpse your glory all around...

So many places, Lord, 
    to take a blessing, be anointed,
        caressed by your proximity,
    drawn in by just your simple charm
        and held there by your grace...

But this morning, Lord, a simple creek, 
    streaming clear and cold,
was all it took to fill my heart,
    renewing my baptism 
        with its primal life and joy...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Wonderful Wonder by Nathaniel Bassey
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
  

Summer winter autumn springMountains blue skies and the seasRainbows sunshine and the treesJesus maker of them all
Summer summer winter autumn springMountains blue skies and the seasRainbows sunshine and the trees and the treesYou made them Jesus maker of them all
 Everywhere I go I see you right thereIn the beauty of nature you shine all aroundFor you are everything and everything is youPrecious Jesus a wonderful wonder you are
Oh oh oh oh oh
Morning noon time and the nightVoices rhythm melodyPeople places everythingJesus maker of them all
 
Refrain
You're amazing dear Lord, you are amazing, dear Lord
 ....  ....  .... ...
You are amazing dear Lord Jesus you're amazing dear LordYou're so amazing dear Lord you're so amazing dear Lord
Your love is amazing dear LordYour grace is amazing dear LordYour glory is amazing dear LordYour power's amazing dear Lord
You made the heavens and the earth dear LordBy the words of your mouth dear LordYou are amazing dear Lord you are amazing dear LordNobody is like you dear LordNobody loves like you dear LordNobody makes like you dear LordYou are so beautiful dear LordYou are so wonderful dear LordYou are amazing
 
Refrain
Oh oh oh oh oh
Summer winter autumn springJesus the maker of them all
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!