7/17/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 7/17



The patience of others, Lord, always amazes me:
   a seeker patiently searching for truth,
   a dreamer's patience for what's not yet,
   the patience of the sick who pray to get well,
   a mother's patience with a fussing child,
   the patience of a spouse whose spouse isn't patient,
   a good friend's patience with an unfaithful friend,
   the patience of the suffering whose pain doesn't end,
   a parent's patience with a child still learning
and
   the patience of others with all my mistakes,
   the patience of many with my quick temper,
   your patience, Lord, with my faults and my sins:
       your patience is grace, mercy and healing...
   
 Give me patience, Lord, in word and deed:
   with those around me,
   with my own limitations,
   and with all that you patiently call me to do...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

 Faith is Patience in the Night by Mary Nelson Keithahnh
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!