7/18/24

NIGHT PRAYER: THURSDAY 7/18



Driving past Werlin Park
I caught a glimpse of a boy,
no more than 8 or 9 years old,
playing with his scruffy dog 
    on a summer's day
    in Georgetown, Colorado...
    
The boy's broad smile
and the pup's busy tail
gave ample proof
of the joy they shared
    this summer's day
    in Georgetown, Colorado...

The two were lost in a world of play
where all was as it's meant to be:
no enmity or politics
but only joy and reverie
    this warm and lazy summer's day
    in Georgetown, Colorado...
 
A prayer, then, Lord, to know again 
the charm and cheer of childhood,
the playful grace,
the peace, I found
    on a summer's day
    in Georgetown, Colorado...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Tonight's song echoes the desire to
    "know again the charm and cheer of childhood..."
 
I Want To Be A Child Again by Matt Papa
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 
 

 
I always heard you grow up fast
Never thought I would, but here I am
Somewhere I lost my innocence
Said I cant go back, so here's my front

So I set out on a course to win
I pulled myself up with my two hands
Now as I look at all the things I've gained
I proved that I'm good at hiding shame, now

I wanna be a child again
I wanna trust with all I am
Jump into the arms of Jesus
And grow up to be like Him

I wanna let ambitions go
I just wanna live my Father's love to know
I'm tired from trying to be the stronger man
I wanna be a child again


I've seen this world from west to east
Mostly from a window seat
I've seen my name shine in lights
But that glory fades like fireflies
 
Refrain

I'm cynical and scared
I took too many of the devil's dares
Jesus help me find my feet
And choose the steps where yours have been
Back to how it used to be back then

My Seeker finds me where I hide
In the corners of guilt and under my pride
And His grace is chasing down this heart
I run away but I never get far

I'm gonna be a child again
I'm gonna trust with all I am
jump into the arms of Jesus
And grow up to be like Him
I'm gonna let ambitions go
I just wanna live my Father's love to know
I'm tired from trying to be the stronger man
I wanna be a child again

I'm leaving the life of pretense and pretend
I want to be a child again
there's a kingdom that only the young will enter in
I want to be a child again 
 
    Werlin Park - Georgetown, Colorado



 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!