10/26/24

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 10/26

 
 
As the election approaches, we all want to find and know the truth of things. Sometimes I'm denied the truth by others who twist, deny, conceal or betray it. And sometimes I'm denied the truth by my own prejudice, stubbornness and pride. Thus, my prayer this morning...

Lord, 
    I want to know the truth...

Open my thoughts
    to welcome the truth you speak to me today...

Open my heart
    to the truth I find especially hard to accept...

Open my eyes
    to the light of truth I ignore or miss or deny...

Open my mind
    to the truth my bias keeps me from ever knowing...
 
Open my ears
    to the ring of truth whenever I hear it's sound...

Open my mouth
    to speak the truth I don't find easy to share...

Open my arms
    to the truth of my neighbors' basic human needs...
 
Open my conscience
    to own the truth of my faults and failings and sins...
 
Open my insight
    to wisdom's truth guiding my every decision...
 
Open my reason
    to truth that yields what's just and fair and right...
 
Lord, 
    I want to know the truth, to live the truth,
        the whole truth and nothing but the truth,
    the truth that's found alone in you,
        the truth that sets me free...

Amen.

A Love For Truth by Dylan Woodward 

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!