7/23/26

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 7/23

 
Sometimes, Lord,
my best prayer is just to sit with you:
in the quiet, in the silence, in the darkness...

Sometimes, Lord,
my most honest prayer is a simple silence,
a silence uttered wordlessly in your presence...

Sometimes, Lord,
the prayer that says the most
is the prayer with fewest words...

Sometimes, Lord,
my greatest prayer arises
just in your heart meeting mine...

Sometimes, Lord, a quiet song,
lyric free and simple,
says it all and says it best...

Meet me in the silence, Lord
my quiet heart and simple tune 
await your healing presence...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm still awake,
    watch over me when I fall sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

I just found this artist online and I'm taken by the genuine spirit and depth of his music, his prayer... Sunday's prayer isn't silent here but I think you'll understand why I chose this for our prayer tonight...
 
In the Silence 
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!