
My sister took this photo while we were sitting on her porch in the late afternoon looking past the hummingbird feeder and towards the mountains here in Georgetown, Colorado. Although the feeder is a popular spot, just at this moment no one seemed to be thirsty. I share the photo as an image of the peace and beauty that have been my surroundings since the beginning of July...
I've done little, Lord,
and surely less than I might have,
to deserve the peace I've found here,
much less to be deemed worthy
of this natural estate
where I've made my summer home
so I count it grace, pure gift, then,
a blessing and a boon,
to be welcomed to retreat here,
to this place and to this time,
to this respite from all else,
to this moment two months long...
to this time, this precious time,
spent with family and with friends,
passed in leisure and in prayer,
in the Colorado mountains,
'neath the beauty of the clouds
floating close by heaven's door,
where I find myself so much at peace
and closer, Lord,
to you...
Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!