8/19/26

Pause for Prayer: WEDNESDAY 8/19

 
 
Today, Lord, I choose to believe in you 
   - not to try to go it alone -
            but to believe in your loving care for me...

Today, Lord, I choose to trust in you
   - not to stress out in fear and panic -
           but to trust that you're always right by my side...

Today, Lord, I choose to live by your Word
   - not by my whims and fancies -
           but by the wisdom and truth of your Word...

Today, Lord, I choose to do what is right
   - not to shortcut my way on the easy path -
           but to do what I know to be just and fair...

Today, Lord, I choose to smile and to laugh
    - not to pout in self-pity or weep in despair -
         but to seek out what joy this new day will bring...  

Today, Lord, I choose to tell the truth
   - not to lie and cheat my way out -
           but to speak the truth in in word and deed...

Today, Lord, I choose to reach out to others
   - putting others' needs ahead of my own -
           learning to love as I want to be loved...

Today, Lord, I choose to look for the good
   - in spite of my bent to see all that's wrong - 
           and to find in what's good the touch of your hand...

Today, Lord, I choose to walk your path
     - following your map and not my own -
            'til I find you before me, behind me, beside me.. 

Today, Lord, I choose to live as I'm called
    - not for my own gain but only for you -
        and all for your glory, honor and praise...

Today, Lord, I choose what will help me to grow
   in your truth, in your grace, 
       in your peace and your joy...

Today, Lord
- I choose you!

Amen. 

Today I Choose You by Tony Elenburg

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 

 

Yesterday is gone forever,
And tomorrow's still a day away;
I can't change the things I've done,
And You alone know beyond today
What comes my way;
But in the stillness of your presence, Lord,
I'm reminded of Your grace;
The Spirit breathes assurance
That I have a choice today.

And today I choose to abide in you,
Today I choose to abide in you;
Today may be a storm like I've never seen before
But today I'll rest,
Today I'll rest,
Lord, today I'll rest in You.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!