Shepherd me, O God,
through
all my ups and downs,
through my sorrows and my joys
and through the graces and temptations
that come my way each day…
From here to there,
from where I am
to
where I'm meant to be;
from my past into my future,
through this night until the dawn,
from one moment to the next,
Shepherd me, O God…
From yesterday's dilemmas
through the problems of this day
to the peace your Spirit offers...
Shepherd me, O God…
From memories that hold me back.
from dreams that haunt my sleep,
and from fear that holds me captive,
Shepherd me, O God…
From my failings and my sins,
from my careless, selfish ways
to the grace of new beginnings...
Shepherd me, O God…
From fantasies and daydreams
and
from lies I tell myself
to
a life that's real and certain,
Shepherd me, O God…
From my hair-trigger temper
and my quick, impatient ways
to serenity and calm…
Shepherd me, O God…
From my risky, foolish ways,
from my careless, harmful habits
to the path where Wisdom beckons...
Shepherd me, O God…
From my gluttony and greed,
and my hoarding and my spending
to a generous, giving spirit...
Shepherd me, O God…
From my arrogance and pride
to a humble self-surrender...
Shepherd me, O God…
From lies I've told and retold
to the truth that sets me free...
Shepherd me, O God…
From all that's less than pure
to what's clear and clean and chaste...
Shepherd me, O God…
From my anger and resentments,
to mercy and forgiveness...
Shepherd me, O God…
From my lazy waste of time
to work that satisfies and serves...
Shepherd me, O God…
From my mindless, aimless wandering
to paths that lead to you…
Shepherd me, O God…
From my flirting with temptation
to doing what you ask of me,
Shepherd me, O God…
From prejudice and bias
to affirmation and acceptance,
Shepherd me, O God…
From wasting what I have
to sharing generously all that's
mine...
Shepherd me, O God…
From hopelessness and fear
to trust and confidence in you...
Shepherd me, O God…
From feeling sorry for myself
to gratitude for all my blessings,
Shepherd me, O God…
From doubts that cloud my thoughts
to deeper faith that clears my soul...
Shepherd me, O God…
From beyond my wants,
from beyond my fears,
from death into life with you,
Shepherd me, O God…
Protect me, Lord, while I’m awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace…
Amen.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!