
Sometimes, Lord,
the things I should know best
surprise me,
stop me in my tracks
and strike me as amazing...
That happened this afternoon.
I was sitting still,
(can't recall what I was thinking)
and then there came to mind a thought
that led to many other thoughts
of you and me - so simple -
and yet thoughts that brought a healing balm
to soothe and calm my soul...
I remembered how...
You're always there for me,
watching over me
- whether I'm paying attention or not...
You're always deeply interested
in everything I think or say or do,
in all I imagine, hope and pray for...
You always look upon me
as someone you cherish,
someone you treasure,
someone you've chosen
in spite of my faults and rough edges...
You embrace me
as someone you delight in,
someone you prize,
someone who's unique, special
and one-of-a-kind...
You greet me
as someone you know very well,
someone you understand,
someone you "get"
someone you accept...
You wrap me
in your arms,
in your warmth,
in your kindness
and compassion...
Your love for me is mysterious,
sometimes perplexing,
always mystifying and inviting,
seductive and confounding,
faithful and abiding...
You love me freely, unreservedly,
perfectly, completely,
mercifully and tenderly,
graciously and gently...
But sometimes, Lord - even often -
I forget all this and in self-pity,
I put it all aside;
I lose touch with you
whose hand rests always
soft upon my heart;
I think myself not worthy
of your notice, care and smile;
I forget it's in your image I was made
and of your love that I was born...
And then one afternoon,
your Spirit comes to nudge me
and there comes to mind a thought
that leads to many other thoughts
of you and me - so simple -
and yet thoughts that bring a healing balm
to soothe and calm my soul...
Sometimes, Lord,
the things I should know best
surprise me,
stop me in my tracks
and strike me as amazing...
That happened this afternoon
and for your Spirit's nudge
I give you all my thanks and praise...
Protect me, Lord while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
Amen.
The Steadfast Love of the Lord
by Dave Hunt
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!