So often, Lord,
I let worry and fear build walls
that keep me from your grace, your strength
and your desire to help me
I let worry and fear build walls
that keep me from your grace, your strength
and your desire to help me
do the next right thing,
speak the next right word
and make the next right move...
speak the next right word
and make the next right move...
Too often, Lord, I isolate
and fail to see, to accept,
to welcome all the help you offer
when I'm trapped and lost in worry,
when I doubt my self in fear
and distrust myself to do what I must do...
when I'm trapped and lost in worry,
when I doubt my self in fear
and distrust myself to do what I must do...
All too often, Lord, I find a way,
a reason to excuse myself from my responsibility,
to seize the opportunity
to do the next right thing,
speak the next right word
to seize the opportunity
to do the next right thing,
speak the next right word
and make the next right move...
Way too often, Lord, I give in
when worry weakens my resolve,
when old fears frustrate my best plans
when old fears frustrate my best plans
and doubt disarms my will
to do the next right thing...
So, break through, Lord, I pray:
break through my fear with your sure grace,
break through my fear with your sure grace,
break through my worry with your peace,
break through my doubt and strengthen me
break through my doubt and strengthen me
to do the next right thing,
to speak the next right word
and to make the next right move...
Amen.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!